How to select the perfect strap length for your crossbody
To get the best strap size for you bag, measure your bag or body with these steps. We have provided 3 options with directions below. Option 1 and 2 are the best to get the exact result.
Option 1: Measure the Strap Drop Length of your Bag
1. You will need a crossbody bag that you already know and love the length on when worn on your body.
2. Take a tape measure and measure from the top of the body of the bag (from the center) to the peak of your strap. (See image on right)
3. Find the length closest to this measurement in inches.
Option 2: Measure your Body
1. Take a tape measure and measure from the top of your shoulder to the opposite waist where you want the body of the bag to sit. This would be where the top of the body of the bag will start. (See image on right) We recommend not pulling the tape measure too taught, and to allow it to sit around your body's curves to simulate a strap.
2. Find the length closest to this measurement in inches. Choose from 18", 20", 23". Is 23" too short? Read here.
Option 3: Height Chart
This is harder to predict, as some people prefer their bag to sit lower or higher, have longer or shorter torsos, thinner or wider torsos. We have provided this for people who do not have access to a tape measure, but please use Option 1 or 2 if possible.
Please keep in mind that this is a general height guide and may not be perfect for every body type or preference, so please use your best judgement.
Size Guide for Strap Lengths According to Height:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if the strap is too long or too short?
A: We will be happy to help with an exchange. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org that you would like to exchange your strap for a different one. We will provide a prepaid shipping label which you can use to mail back the strap only.
Q: Can I purchase more than one strap?
A: Yes! You can purchase extra straps here:
- Chain Strap with Shoulder Pad
- Slash Resistant Faux Leather Strap
- Slash Resistant Faux Leather Short Strap
Q: What is the total length of each strap?
A: The straps measure approximately as follows:
- 18" chain strap drop length: 42-43" total length
- 20" chain strap drop length: 46-47" total length
- 23" chain strap drop length: 52-53" total length
- adjustable faux leather strap: 32.5"-58" total length
- adjustable faux leather short strap: 15-30" total length
Q: The 23" is not long enough for me.
A: The longest chain strap is a 23" drop length; approximately 51-52" in total length. If you need a longer strap, we recommend checking out the Faux Leather Strap. This strap is adjustable and the strap is approximately 32.5"-58" in total length; and 11"-25" in drop length.
Q: Do you have any shorter straps?
A: Yes! We have the Faux Leather Short Strap, which is approximately 15-30" in total length.
It's a great option for turning your Marina Wallet (Slim or Grande) into a waist bag, or wear across the chest. You can also turn your Mini or Full Crossbody into a short shoulder bag to wear under the arm.
We recommend measuring the length of where you want to wear the bag, then minus 8" (or length of the bag) to make sure this measurement will fit in between 15-30".
Q: Do you have any images of the bag with height and drop length?
A: Here are some examples. Click here for more for images of both Full Size and Mini size bags on a 18", 20", and 23" drop length chain strap on models at various heights. Keep in mind that everyone has different torso lengths, widths and preferences so we still recommenced measuring your body or favorite strap before purchase!